1. The promoter of the promotion outlined below ("Promotion") is Woolworths New
Zealand Ltd, 80 Favona Rd, Favona, Auckland 2024 ("Countdown"), which owns and
operates the Countdown supermarkets, in conjunction with BP Oil NZ Limited, of
Watercare House, 73 Remuera Rd, Auckland 1149 ("BP").
2. This Promotion commences 10 January 2022, 12:00am and closes Tuesday 8 February
2022 11:59pm ("Promotion Period"). During the promotion period, customers can
participate in the Meet the Winns promotion by making qualifying purchases or meeting
the other entry requirements outlined by either Countdown or BP.
3. This promotion is open to registered Onecard and AA Smartfuel and AA Membership
card holders only.
4. Countdown trade customers will qualify for entry into all the prize draws except the
Grand Prize of the Ford Ranger and Caravan as per the Grand Prize Description in item
Method of Entry Countdown & BP
5. During the Promotion Period, customers with a registered Onecard, AA Smartfuel or AA
Membership card can enter the competition by using their card at either Countdown or
BP when they make a purchase of $40 or more in a single transaction. An additional
entry for every $40 in the transaction will also earn an entry into the draw e.g. $80 earns
two entries, $120 earns three entries and so on.
6. A customer who shops at Countdown and BP in the same week (Monday 12.01 a.m to
Sunday 12 a.m) who makes a qualifying entry with both organizations will receive an
additional entry into the draw. A maximum of one additional entry using this method can
be earned each week.
7. Subject to paragraph 4 above (trade customers), any customer using their registered
Onecard AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card during the Promotion Period and meets
the entry conditions is automatically entered into the weekly and grand prize draws.
8. Any customer who does not wish to participate in the promotion can contact Countdown
or BP (as applicable) and request their entry to be removed from the draw. Countdown
customers can call Countdown on 0800 404040 and BP customers can email
9. At Countdown and BP the following products are excluded from this promotion:
A. tobacco and vape products;
B. lotto ; and
C. gift cards.
10. At BP only the following products are also excluded from this promotion:
A. prepaid mobile telephones;
B. mobile recharge; and
C. prepaid mobile phone cards.
11. Where a customer purchases an excluded product (as listed in 9 and 10) as well as a
qualifying product, only the value of the qualifying product will be counted towards the
overall transaction value.
Method of Entry - purchases made at a Countdown
12. Digital Onecard. Purchases of $40 or more made in-store at Countdown, where the
customers scans their Digital Onecard using the myCountdown app, will also receive an
additional entry into the draw.
13. Bonus Entry Products. A purchase of a Bonus Entry Product, when purchased in
conjunction with a registered Onecard will also qualify for an entry. Bonus Entry Products
will be advertised each week online at Countdown.co.nz. They will also be clearly
identified in-store. One entry per Bonus Entry Product. There is no limit on the number
of Bonus Entry Products a customer can buy. In this instance a Bonus Entry Product does
not require a minimum $40 spend.
14. Online Shopping Bonus Entries. A customer will also receive an additional entry for
placing and receiving CountdownOnline Shopping order(s) within the promotion period.
The order must be made and received within the promotional period and be made with
a registered Onecard.
Method of Entry - purchases made at a BP
15. BPMe app. Customers who use the BPMe app to make a qualifying fuel, coffee or
carwash purchase will receive an additional entry into the draw. No minimum spend is
required. Digital entries via BPMe will only be accepted if a registered AA Smartfuel or
AA Membership card is loaded onto the Entrant's BPMe app account before the
transaction is completed.
16. Bonus Entry Products. A purchase of a Bonus Entry Product, when purchased in
conjunction with a registered AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card will also qualify for
an entry. Bonus Entry Products will be clearly identified in-store. One entry per Bonus
Product. There is no limit to the number of products a customer can buy. In this instance
a Bonus Entry does not require a $40 spend.
17. Bonus Entry Opt-in. Customers who have provided their explicit consent to opt-in to
receive BP marketing communications via the AA Smartfuel opt-in email, provided that
they hold a registered AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card will also qualify for an
additional bonus entry. Limited to one Bonus Entry per customer.
18. BP Fuel Card holders are excluded from the promotion as a Onecard, AA Smartfuel or AA
Membership card cannot be used in conjunction with this payment method.
Onecards and AA Smartfuel Cards Registered During the Promotion
19. Any Onecard or AA Smartfuel card used, but not registered at the time of purchase at BP
or Countdown will not be eligible to enter into the prize draws.
20. No retrospective entries can be made if a customer either fails to use their card at the
point of purchase, or the customer's Onecard or AA Smartfuel is not registered.
Privacy and Data Management
21. All personal information relating to purchases at Countdown will be collected and stored
by Countdown in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and Countdown's
22. All personal information relating to purchases at BP will be collected and stored by BP
accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and BP's privacy
23. For the purposes of drawing prizes, all qualifying competition entries for the draw are
captured and supplied to a data compliant third party.
24. The entry information is collected by Countdown and BP purely for the purpose of
establishing qualifying entries into the draw. No personal information is shared during
25. Once the competition is completed and all prizes have been allocated to winning
customers the third party will destroy all records pertaining to the prize draw.
26. All information collected as part of regular Onecard, AA Smartfuel, AA and BP are as per
each organization's guidelines.
27. Winners are immediately notified as per item 28 and 29. It is up to each customer to
ensure that their relevant details on the Onecard and AA Smartfuel database are correct.
Details can be updated via the website www.countdown.co.nz/onecard or by phoning
Countdown Customer Care team on 0800 40 40 40.
28. Any weekly prizes allocated to Onecard or AA Smartfuel accounts are subject to Onecard
and AA Smartfuel's usual terms and conditions.
Weekly Prize Draws and Prize Pool Information
29. Prize weeks are as follows:
A. Week One. January 10 - January 16 2022.
B. Week Two. January 17 - January 23 2022.
C. Week Three. January 24 - January 30 2022.
D. Week Four. January 31 - February 8 2022.
30. Weekly Prize winners will be drawn as soon as practicable the following week.
31. Winners will be notified by email either from Countdown (or) via AA Smartfuel in the
event no active email address has been registered with the card.
32. Prizes are allocated within 48 hours of winners emails being dispatched.
33. In Weeks One, Two and Three a total of 1556 winners will be drawn from all qualifying
34. In Week Four, a total of 2000 prizes will be allocated as it covers the remaining 9 days
the promotional period.
35. The prize is based on a customer's preferred rewards choice e.g. a Food rewards
Customer at Countdown will receive 2 x $15 Onecard e-vouchers valued at $30. A BP Fuel
rewards customer will get a 60 cents per litre discount applied to their account - valued
at $30 of fuel discount, to be applied to their next fill (Up to a maximum 50 litres)
36. The total weekly prize pool is $200000 for the duration of the promotion.
Major Prize Winners
37. All qualifying entries are retained for the Grand Prize Draws which will take place on
Friday 11 February 2022.
38. Major prize winners will be contacted by phone, or email. All reasonable steps will be
made to get in touch with winners.
39. If contact cannot be made with the winner, or the winner fails to respond to get in
with the administrator of the promotion at Countdown and AA Smartfuel, within 14 days,
these will be considered unclaimed prizes. Countdown and AA Smartfuel reserve the
right to redraw any unclaimed prizes.
40. The major prizes include:
A. 20 x Weber Baby Q Valued at $409.00 each.
B. 20 x Inflatable Paddleboards valued at $999.99 each.
41. The cost of shipping the prize to the customer is covered, however once dispatched
Countdown and BP cannot be held responsible for any damage or incorrect delivery.
Grand Prize Winner.
42. The Grand Prize 1 x Ford Ranger Wildtrak-X 2.0 Litre Diesel (Colour Aluminium Silver)
at $75,490 & 1 x Jayco Journey Outback 19.61-2 (Caravan images shown may differ from
vehicle received the winner will be receiving a 2022 model, not 2021 as illustrated) is
valued at $89,890.00 NZD. The total Grand Prize value is $165,380.
43. The Grand Prize winner must be over 18 years of age and have a full clean driving
44. If the winner is under 18 years of age, their legal guardian(s) will be awarded the
long as their driving license meets the same requirements as point 42.
45. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the
conditions of use of the prize and prize suppliers requirements. It is the responsibility of
the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier and other relevant third
46. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
47. The winner/s are responsible for the insurance before collection. The prize provider
assist with the registration process and provide in advance the details legally required to
achieve registration plus any other legal requirements that must be satisfied.
48. Promoter is not responsible for and will not provide the winner with petrol,
comprehensive insurance, transport, body, paint or mechanical damage or any other
costs or damages.
49. The winner will be responsible for collecting the vehicle from their participating Jayco
dealer and any expense he or she incurs while doing so.
50. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value. The prize must be taken as
stated and no compensation will be payable to the winner if the winner is unable to use
51. The winner/s (and their companion/s) will need a valid New Zealand driver's license. The
winner/s (and their companions) will need a legally compliant and fit for purpose tow
vehicle with electric brakes when collecting the prize.
52. Prizes are not transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and any unused portion of a
prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
53. Delivery timeframe is at the discretion of the manufacturer, there may be delays to
ongoing Covid 19. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the promoter and the
agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of,
damage or delay in delivery of prize/s, including for delays related to Covid 19 (for
example, but not limited to manufacturing/shipping delays, state/country border
closures), or for any damage that occurs to displayed prize/s (where relevant). Unless
otherwise specified, prizes will only be delivered to addresses in New Zealand.
Fraudulent or dishonest entries
54. Countdown and BP reserve the right to verify the validity of any entry into the draw. In
the event that fraudulent entry is identified, Countdown and BP reserve the right to:
i. disqualify any customer: or
ii. refuse to award any prize; or
iii. suspend or delete Onecard Points or AA Smartfuel cents per litre balances,
where false or misleading details have been given by a customer, or a customer
has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner.
Exclusions and Liability
55. For the avoidance of doubt, customers will not be eligible to participate in this
if they do not swipe or enter their registered Onecard, AA Smartfuel or AA Membership
card details at the time of purchase at Countdown or BP.
56. Countdown and BP will not be responsible for awarding entries if for any reason we
experience shortages or there are situations that occur outside of our control. e.g. stock
of a Bonus Product is not available.
57. Countdown, BP and AA Smartfuel and its related companies, employees and agencies
shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered by any person arising
directly or indirectly out of or in connection with entering this promotion or
claiming/winning any Prize, or availing themselves of any Prize, except as required by
General Terms and Conditions
58. By entering this promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and
acknowledge that you have complied with all your obligations under the Onecard, AA
Smartfuel and BPMe Terms and Conditions (where applicable). We reserve the right to
deem your entry is void should you fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
59. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the
reasonable control of Countdown and BP, including but not limited to, infection by
computer viruses, bugs, tampering or unauthorized intervention, acts of omissions of
third parties, technical failures, or anything that corrupts or affects the administration,
security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Countdown reserves the
right into its sole discretion to termination, modify or suspend this Promotions
60. Countdown and BP accept no responsibility for any tax implication that may arise from
prizes. The winners must seek independent financial advice on the taxation implications
of the receipt or use of any Prize.
61. Any Countdown Bonus Entry Products that are also sold by BP (but not marked in BP as a
Bonus Entry Product) are not considered part of the Countdown Bonus Entry scheme at
BP and customers will not be entitled to any Countdown Bonus Entry by purchasing an
equivalent product through BP. This applies in reverse for products marked at BP as
Bonus Entry Products. The equivalent products at Countdown will not automatically be
Bonus Entry Products at Countdown unless they are marked as such at Countdown.
62. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.